Tuesday 5 October 2010

First up... a short collection of stories...

The first new writer, well newly published writer that I've been working with in New Writers Club is Kevin Marshall who has published four stories on smashwords.com http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/KevinMarshall
The thing I love most about Kevin's writing is how it takes me back to the classic style of short story that I remember from when I first started reading grown-up stories... you know the type of story, the ones with a classic twist.
Of course, the true art to short story writing lies not only in the ability to have a good story and to get that story down on paper, but when you read Kevin's stories, you will see how he commands the English language to weave you into his spell in such a way that you are that highwayman in If There Be God, and well, if you aren't a little scared reading Pterodactyl Rising or especially The Scarecrow, well then I don't know what to say to you.
My favourite is The Time Of Leaving which Kevin describes as a SF story, 'sad and grim and lonely, but in its way beautiful and with a moral laced deep in the kernel'.
Do you know what? You're just gonna have to read them yourself and make your own judgement.
Enjoy and do drop back and let me know what you think on Twitter or Facebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.